The second call of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs/Eurostars-3 of 2023, which funds international cooperation projects led by innovative SMEs, has been launched!
The second call of the Eurostars-3 for the year 2023 (cut off 5) has been launched on 14 July 2023. Within this call, joint international R&D projects aimed at developing market-oriented innovative products, processes and services will be funded with the participation of at least one Turkish and one foreign organization from any Eurostars member country. Unilateral project applications are not accepted. An innovative SME is expected to take part in the project consortiums as the coordinator.
Eurostars-3 is a partnership created under the Horizon Europe/ European Innovation Ecosystems Program as the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs with the cooperation of the Eureka Secretariat and 37 member countries. Within the scope of the program to be carried out between 2022-2027, it is aimed to support innovative SMEs to increase their R&D, innovation capacity and productivity, and to help them reach into global value chains and new markets.
In Eurostars-3 calls, bottom-up, international R&D projects with a civilian purpose, are funded led by innovative SMEs, regardless of any technology field or sector.
Please visit Eurostars website (https://www.eurekanetwork.org/open-calls/eurostars-funding-programme-202...) for details, guidelines and submission.
Stock corporations and researchers based in Türkiye can submit joint proposals to Eurostars-3 2023/2 call. If there is more than one partner from Türkiye in the same international project, the partners are required to apply with a single joint project together. Within the scope of the call, higher education institutions, public research centers and institutes, training and research hospitals and research infrastructures within the scope of Law No. 6550 cannot apply to the call alone. Higher education institutions, public research centers and institutes, training and research hospitals, research infrastructures within the scope of Law No. 6550 can participate jointly under the leadership of stock corporations. Eligible national consortiums will be funded according to the rules of the national funding programme coded “1709-EUREKA-EUROSTARS 2023/2” and "Eurostars-3 Program National Call Announcement".
Before the national application, the call text should be carefully examined, if the application rules are not followed properly, the application may be returned without being evaluated. Please click for the national call text and rules.
National pre-registration and national pre-submission must be done to TÜBİTAK on the specified dates via TÜBİTAK PRODIS. In addition, after the international evaluation process, the accepted Turkish teams have to make a national application to TÜBİTAK. Please click here for national pre-registration and pre-submission.
- The deadline for the call is 14 September 2023, at 14.00 CET.
- The deadline for national pre-registration 03 October 2023, at 23.59 Türkiye Time.
- The deadline for national pre-submission 05 October 2023, at 23.59 Türkiye Time.
Please note that Israel, Greece, Slovenia and Lithuania do not foresee public funding for organisations from their country applying to the 5th call of Eurostars-3. Greek, Slovenian, Israeli and Lithuanian organisations are welcome to apply but will have to fully self-finance their part of the project.
Do not miss any of these rules!
To apply, you must fulfil seven eligibility criteria:
- The project consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- The project consortium is composed of at least two entities that are independent of one another.
- The project consortium is composed of entities from at least two Eurostars countries with at least one organisation coming from an EU or Horizon Europe Associated Country.
- The budget of the SMEs from the participating countries (excluding any subcontracting) is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the budget of the project.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusive focus on civil applications.
- Within the scope of the relevant call, the total project budget of the Turkish partners in the consortium can not exceed 500,000 Euros.
For questions on Turkish National Funding Programme:
For questions on Eurostars:
Dr. Ayda KARA PEKTAŞ